Looking for even more adventure?
The new Tiger Explorer XC is ready for your next adventure. The XC isn’t just designed to get you noticed. It’s designed to go the distance on road or off the beaten track. That’s because it has the Explorer’s incredible dynamic handling, plus all the kit you need to keep going when things get challenging, including new aluminum rimmed, steel spoked wheels with tubeless tires, hand guards, engine bars and fog lights. That’s on top of the shaft-driven 1,215cc triple that produces 137PS and 121Nm of torque, the cruise control and switchable ABS.
- Aluminum rimmed, steel spoked wheels with tubeless tires: Dynamic handling and off-road durability plus tubeless tires for easy puncture repair in remote situations.
- Sump Guard: Robust, heavy gauge aluminium sump guard for maximum protection on the rough tracks and passes.
- Engine Bars: Tough 22mm steel tube engine bars for added protection when riding off-road.
- Hand Guards: Designed to protect you from off-road debris and to keep you warm and dry, these high impact hand guards keep you out of harm’s way on and off-road.
- Fog light kit: High performance 55w dual fog lights increase visibility for added security in poor riding conditions.
- Mat Khaki Green paint: It’s says rugged, it says off-road, it says adventure. This distinctive Khaki Green paint is the perfect finishing touch and complement for Tiger Explorer XC’s tough good looks.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line three-cylinder
- Capacity: 1215 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 85 x 71.4 mm
- Fuel System: Drive by wire, fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1, side mounted stainless steel silencer
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Oil Capacity: 4.0 litres (1.1 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminum alloy with shaft drive
- Front Wheel: 32-spoke 19 x 2.5 in., aluminum rim
- Rear Wheel: 32-spoke 17 x 4.0 in., aluminum rim
- Front Tire: 110/80 R 19
- Rear Tire: 150/70 R 17
- Front Suspension: Kayaba 46mm upside down forks, 190mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba monoshock with remote oil reservoir, hydraulically adjustable preload, rebound damping adjustment, 194mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 305mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston calipers, Switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 282mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, Switchable ABS
- Instrument Display/Functions: LCD instrument pack with digital speedometer, analogue tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, range to empty, service indicator, clock, air temperature, frost warning, hazard warning lights, trip computer, tire pressure monitoring system
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2248 mm (88.4 in.)
- Width (handlebars): 885 mm (34.8 in.)
- Height without mirrors: 1410 mm (55.5 in.)
- Seat Height: 837 mm (33.29 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1435 mm (56.5 in.)
- Rake/Trail: 22.8 degree/90.9 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 17.5 litres (4.6 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 214 kg (471 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 137PS/135bhp/101kW @ 9300rpm
- Maximum Torque: 121Nm/89 ft.lbs @ 6400rpm