Motorcycles, especially cruisers, have always been about individuality. But a lot of today’s cruisers end up looking like they all came from the same mold. Not the CTX series from Honda—we took the best parts of the cruiser idiom (laid-back seating, forward-set pegs, torque-rich twin-cylinder engine that you don’t have to rev for power) and put them together into a package unlike anything else you’ll see on the road. The low 28.3-inch seat height makes this a great choice for both urban riders who have to deal with stoplights and parking lots as well as anyone who likes a machine with a lower center of gravity. And there’s plenty of class-leading technology in this bike too. For example, you can get a version with Honda’s automatic (DCT) transmission and Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), as well as a standard six-speed model.
- 670cc Parallel-Twin Engine: With its cylinders tipped 62 degrees forward for better weight distribution, the CTX700N’s engine is a big step forward in modern powerplant design. The two-cylinder format produces tons of low- and mid-range torque, and the 270-degree-phase crank and uniaxial primary balancer make it smooth, too.
- Reduced Vibration: You don't need to rattle and shake when riding a motorcycle. The CTX700N's engine counterbalancer and rubber-mounted footpegs let you enjoy the ride on your commute or on a weekend getaway.
- Electronic Fuel Injection: Honda’s Electronic Fuel Injection means easy startups on cold mornings and flawless running even at high elevations.
- Automatic Transmission: Shift with the push of a handlebar-mounted button, or select the CTX700N’s automatic mode and the bike will shift itself. Honda’s Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) has been a huge hit, and once you ride a CTX700N with DCT, you’ll see why.
- Diamond-Shape Steel Frame: Light, strong, and with just the right amount of stiffness, the CTX700’s rigid and compact chassis is the foundation for precise handling.
- 41mm Fork: With 4.2 inches of travel, the CTX700N soaks up the bumps and jolts in rough pavement, but also provides excellent handling and superior feedback through the handlebar.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension: Offering 4.3 inches of rear-wheel travel and teamed with a Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) rear shock, the CTX700N eats up rough pavement while giving you a smoother ride.
- Cast Aluminum 17-inch Wheels: The 17-inch wheels give you a wide choice of premium tires to choose from and really help the CTX700N handle like a pro on the street. The cast wheels are light and strong too.
- Front- and Rear-Disc Brakes with Available ABS: Single front- and rear-disc brakes give the CTX700N great stopping power. The ABS option incorporates anti-lock brakes for the best possible stopping power, especially under challenging conditions.
- Low Center of Gravity: The CTX700N's low center of gravity makes for a more confidence inspiring, all-around riding experience.
- Relaxed Rider Position: The CTX700N was designed for a comfortable, confidence-inspiring ride. The rider triangle was designed to provide a relaxed riding position for most riders, so you won't feel cramped up after just a few miles down the road.
- Low Seat Height: New for 2015: By redesigning the seat’s profile and contour, we’ve made it easier for riders to reach the footpegs, and that helps inspire confidence. The step in the seat’s supportive back moves forward 30mm.
- LCD Instrument Panel: Full digital LCD instrumentation includes digital speedometer, digital bar-type tachometer, clock, low-fuel gauge and two tripmeters. The instruments are, compact and easy to read, too. The DCT/ABS version adds a gear position indicator.
- Integrated Storage Compartment: The CTX700N offers a convenient utility compartment that’s in the fuel-tank area, making it easy to reach. It’s big enough to hold small items, and is a perfect example of how this bike fits into your life seamlessly.
- Engine Type: 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 73 mm x 80 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 36 mm throttle body
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Automatic six speed with two modes and a manual mode
- Final Drive: Chain
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork, 4.2 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock, 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 320 mm disc with two-piston caliper; Honda ABS
- Rear Brake: Single 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper; Honda ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 27.7 deg.
- Trail: 114.0 mm (4.4 in.)
- Wheelbase: 60.2 in.
- Seat Height: 28.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.17 gal.
- MPG: 61 MPG
- Model Id: CTX700ND
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Light Silver Metallic
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.